Sunday, March 18, 2012

Effecting Change

It is my belief that all students at our school should experience high-quality science instruction.  I feel that my Walden learning has prepared me to be an agent for change.  I often share articles and information from my course work with my colleagues.  Actually, I am looking forward to completing this program in order to more fully implement ideas I have gained from my learning.  I spend so much time writing about teaching science that I am limited on time for implementing new ideas.  I think my colleagues will be open to new ideas after I get a chance to try them out and share the results with them.  One obstacle that I have had to overcome is that one member of our team has a very strong personality.  It can be intimidating to share ideas with this person.  I plan to work on this relationship after I complete this program.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that the class papers, blogs, posts, and Walden portfolio take so much time that it is hard to implement new ideas. It is overwhelming, but I am with you in terms of being excited to be done so I can start having the time to plan more and use what we have learned in our classes. It is an excited time to be ready to move to a higher level of teaching. I also can relate to your colleague that has a strong personality. I have someone on my grade level team that doesn't use other teachers' ideas. Everyone else on the team shares and uses collaboration to make our teaching better. She likes to do things her way and is very resistant to change.

    ReplyDelete